My first solo trip with both kids was successful! I needed to get out of the house and decided take a trip to Pittsburgh so that my Grandma Rose could meet baby Nora. She slept the whole way there and back while Owen and I sang songs and counted the cows and horses we passed along our scenic "back way". My sister Jessica had the week off from work to pack for their upcoming move, so I had the chance to spend time with her while Owen played with Louisa.
After a longer trip back home due to an unplanned detour, a pit stop for gas, food and to feed Nora, I came home to this beautiful sight:
Mark spent his two "free" nights sanding, priming and painting our bedroom furniture. This was a project that we were putting off because of the new baby, visitors and lack of energy. I am so appreciative that he did all of this! I literally let out a scream when I saw it and then started to cry. He is so sweet. Between this and my new Dyson vacuum, I think my birthday is already perfect.
Yes, I realize that a do-it-yourself home improvement project and a vacuum cleaner are what make me happy these days. Don't judge.





Looks like you had a great time and I can't wait to see the furniture. It makes such a difference (we pained our 30 + year old furniture off white and it made it feel new!).
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good trip! The furniture looks so different. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.
ReplyDeleteWell I guess that your bucket is full with the love of a wonderful husband, two beautiful children and love of your family. Happy Birthday. I love you. It was great to see you. Sure wish it was a bit more sunny and warm . hugs.
ReplyDeleteTotally not judging, just jealous!
ReplyDelete