Friday, July 6, 2012

"Independence'" Day

Each new phase brings its own set of challenges and sometimes even pain. But, it also brings wider eyes, bigger smiles, deeper love and wonder.  Just when I think they are at the perfect age, they grow and change again--exposing new parts of their little personalities or abilities.

And, I manage to fall in love with them all.over.again.

The results of Nora's MRI came back normal, which was a huge relief.  I have to admit, it also came with a bit of frustration considering what she had to go through that day.  She'll continue with her physical therapy and will go back for a follow-up with the specialist at Children's.  And, in the meantime, she is making progress almost daily.

What a perfect way to celebrate "Independence" Day with a couple of steps on her own!




If nothing else, we have learned that she has a mind of her own and is a very determined little girl!

As Nora explores her independence and personality with new words and movement, Owen has been so patient and loving with her. This year has been full of stretching and growing for him, literally and figuratively. 
Nothing makes me prouder than watching his confidence emerge, knowing he is comfortable in his own skin.

There is an interesting friction between the hope and excitement of tomorrow, and being present in the blessings of today.
And while I know my heart will only expand as they grow, I wish I could freeze time right now---or at least just slow it down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Owen's patience with Nora, and love for her is a testament to how he is being raised. He is such a compassionate and gentle boy - I truly enjoy our time together. Although it is exciting to see Nora take her steps because it is progress, I think the most rewarding part is the look on her face of sheer delight. When the kids master something difficult, the pride they have in their accomplishments is the best part of being a parent. Way to go Nora!!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!