Monday, February 14, 2011

Little Ears

This morning Owen and I were on our way to the library for story-time.  A song came on the radio called, "The Only Exception".  I thought I heard an extra voice singing and turned around to find Owen singing the chorus "you are only ception" over and over along with the singer (and he was somewhat in tune, I must add).  He gave me a huge smile, kept singing and we both started laughing pretty hard.

Like Mark said when I shared the story: "that is cute and scary all at the same time."  He certainly keeps us on our toes and holds us accountable!  And it is just another reminder to watch what we say and do (and what we are listening to).  What important work parenting really is---to guide this little person who will grow up to develop his own identity and perspectives of the world! 
Watch your thoughts,they become words. 
Watch your words,they become actions. 
Watch your actions,they become habits. 
Watch your habits,they become character. 
Watch your character,it becomes your destiny.  
--Unknown




1 comment:

  1. This made me smile. Owen is such a good-hearted little boy. I love him very much!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!