Wednesday started according to plan. I had a staff meeting for work while Owen went to play at the sitter's and then we picked Mark's parents up at the airport. We were excited to take them to Hoggy's for dinner and have some time to visit before we went in for the c-section Friday morning. But, as we are continually learning, we are clearly not in control.
Right before we were about to leave for dinner, I started feeling contractions. They got closer together and we headed to the hospital to see what was going on. I was convinced they were going to send us home and I was making everyone miss a yummy dinner for nothing. But the contractions increased and they confirmed labor was starting as soon as we arrived.
Two hours later we were prepping for the c-section to meet our new addition.
At 9:09pm on March 9th, Nora Rose arrived with a healthy set of lungs.
Owen wasn't quite sure what to make of the hospital or the new baby at first, but he eventually was curious about Nora and wanted to hold her and touch her. It was incredible to watch our "baby" seem so grown up and...brotherly. I can't wait to watch their love and friendship grow.







What a great story. Excited to see Nora grow up and develop her little personality. You and Mark are such great parents. I am thankful to know the Wiggins family!
ReplyDelete