Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crafty

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." 

As much as I love the sunshine and crisp Fall air, there is something really therapeutic and refreshing about rain falling.  Maybe it is the excuse to not go running or to stay in comfortable clothes all day.  But, the pace slows and things seem kind of cozy.  And, it is about the only time I enjoy the oddly-placed skylight above our bed--listening to the soothing pitter patter of the rain drops.

There is beauty in the rain, even if you have to make it up: splashing in the puddles, cuddling up, or coming up with Plan B for an afternoon activity:


Musical entertainment provided by Ella while the paint was drying:
 Finishing up while the kids played:

Thankfully, I have friends who are creative and crafty...and encouraging to those of us who are not!  Thanks for the great idea, Kate, and for the wonderful afternoon together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!