"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." ~Angela Schwindt
Then, this afternoon, he got his bathroom stool out to perform for us. It has been so much fun to watch his confidence and excitement for learning grow.
(scroll down and pause the playlist before watching the videos):
His convincing rendition:
Melts my heart.
And if you really lean in and listen closely, it feels like they are teaching us. We spend so much of our time guiding them through life, while all along they hold the meaning. With their hearts open---uncluttered by insecurities, preconceived notions, doubts and fears. They see past a person's appearance, flaws or missteps right into their heart. They speak their minds, use their imaginations, live in the moment...and they believe with such a pure faith and loving heart.
I'm trying to figure out what I laughed at more on the first video...his falling off the stool or his voice cracking mid-song.
ReplyDeleteHE was so confident during the practice session, and a little more nervous during the performance. But that is normal--I am SURE Justin Bieber felt that way, too. Heheheh. JK.
ReplyDelete