Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Put The Camera Down

I love the first glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel. When relief is in sight, and you start to see the path ahead. Maybe it is just the springtime offering its sunny disposition, but it sure has cast a hopeful warmth around us.  And, as we've discovered recently, the best thing to do when things seem overwhelming is just to take a break--like impromptu zoo trips, afternoons at the park and especially quality time with people you love.

I am often guilty of trying to capture life's sweetest moments through the viewfinder on the camera, afraid we'll forget things along the way.  Yet, lately the most meaningful moments and biggest lessons have been ones that can't be captured in a picture. The "we're in this together" partnership that sometimes only struggles can reaffirm in a marriage.  The listening ears, prayers and reassuring words of loved ones. And, finding the positive in what is right now, by learning to take life day-by-day.

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." 

Despite the illusion or what people are willing to portray, no one's life is perfect or all put-together.  It is messy and complicated, evolving and beautiful. Sometimes being transparent feels vulnerable and uncomfortable.  But, when we risk opening up and sharing our experiences, we gain perspective and strength from each other.

So, I am learning that sometimes I just need to put the camera down and be in the moment--to listen and learn and experience life fully. To be there for people in my life in a way that matters. Focus on the blessings of today.

The sunshine (and yes, sometimes even the rain).

The smiles.

The hugs.

The love.








1 comment:

  1. You always seem to say what I am thinking and give me the encouragement that I need to hear. We are so looking forward to spending time with you all next weekend and enjoying the moments. Of course, we hope you'll capture many of the hugs, laughter and love on camera too!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!