And, it seemed like overnight his coordination drastically improved. He has started hitting the ball without the tee and has developed quite the eye for bad pitches. He told me that he "needed a better throw" when we were playing in the backyard the other day. We haven't quite mastered running the bases in any sort of order yet, but I think there might be some baseball in his future!
He also went to his first baseball game this summer and loved it. None of us expected the kids to last as long as they did, but he was glued to the game and would have stayed the whole time if it weren't for all of the adults who were done early!





I think the most exciting part of watching the kids grow from toddlers to pre-schoolers (!) is seeing their unique interests develop. Owen is fortunate to have parents with varied interests who are exposing him to different things. On another note: when he is in the world series someday, I think I deserve a cut of the profits for teaching him about the imaginary ball so he could practice non stop. :) LOL
ReplyDelete