The highlight of this vacation was watching Owen fall in love with the beach. He went from:
And, by the end of the week he was begging everyone to take him back out in the water. He loved playing with his cousins, burying Uncle Andy in the sand and getting ice cream on the boardwalk. At one point he randomly turned to my dad and said "Pop Pop, thank you for taking me to the beach."
One of my favorite moments (which I couldn't capture on camera because I was juggling Nora and a heavy beach bag of stuff) was watching Louisa, Owen and Griffin walking side-by-side, holding hands down the road to the beach. Their love for each other, excitement for the beach and how grown up they seemed struck me. Thankfully, I had my sunglasses on to disguise my tears so the lady walking next to us didn't think I was completely losing it trying to juggle four kids.
Vacation was wonderful this year simply because of the smiles on their faces, their giggles and shrieks of laughter, and the reminder that we are so abundantly blessed because of them. So, even though I missed having more time to relax, go for a run or go shopping on the boardwalk, it was that much more fulfilling spending it with these guys:
![]() |









how well you captured my very own thoughts;watching the kids play together, laugh and take care of each other. What a great vacation I had. Just building memories together is the gift. Family means so much and I cannot tell you how much it means to me that we love and respect each other and can share such great moments. I am counting the days till next year. love you all sooooo much.
ReplyDeleteAwesome that you are creating memories for your children while creating lasting memories for yourself as well. Love the family picture at the bottom! :)
ReplyDeleteTotally agree with you :) After vacation is over, I find myself asking, "When is MY vacation?" Being in charge of a bunch of campers at camp was more relaxing than the beach with my own children. But, it's totally worth it :)
ReplyDelete