Funny how we often get messages right when we need them. My week is like a roller coaster of confidence. I have my days of driving with the windows down and music blaring--feeling on top of the world and exhilarated with life. Everything seems to be in place and moving along as it should be. And just when I am getting comfortable on my route, I hit a few speed bumps. Unexpected circumstances cause me to slam on the brakes and swerve all around--trying to regain control (I like to think that is God grabbing the steering wheel--reminding me that I was never in control to begin with). And, I am starting to think that motherhood is a lot like trying to get your kid to eat veggies: instead of stressing about every meal, look at the average of the whole week!
Thanks, Eleanor, for sharing this blog...and reminding me that being perfect or being everything isn't a requirement to be supermom, or just a super mom! We need to be kinder to ourselves, recognize our weaknesses and celebrate the rest! Motherhood and More: Go Ahead. Call Me SuperMom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to share your thoughts!