Despite my best efforts to stay positive and look for the silver lining, the emotions I kept bottled up came spilling out anyway. And, as hard as it is for me to sit in that space, it is kind of a relief--to let it out before I pick myself back up and move forward.
Days like today are my reset button: the snow is falling so gently outside and I am sipping my gingerbread latte flavored coffee. For the next hour or so, the house is quiet...and I am able to take that much-needed break for air.
And, really--it is hard not to be happy with love in the air, flowers on the table and lots and lots of sugar in the house.
On this Valentine's Day, a holiday that often seems so commercial and superficial, I am reminded of what really matters. These sweet faces and giggles create a whole new meaning--and get me out of my funk.

And, we have lots to celebrate! After only a few short weeks of therapy, Nora has shown incredible improvement. She has been getting herself up to a sitting position on her own and has officially started to crawl! We are so proud of her!
So, if we want it to be, today can be more than just cards, flowers and sugar. It can be that nudge to stop focusing on the silly things we think matter and look around at
It is about showing L-O-V-E to others and to ourselves. Even with the best intentions, we often miss both.
It is about the people in my life who are the support during the bumps and the meaning behind the joys. It isn't about going crazy trying to stay positive all the time. But, about experiencing the ups and downs and sharing this life with the people I love.
"The important things in life aren't things afterall..."



Beautiful! I love you and your perspective! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Nora is doing so well! I am so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete