Even though it was frustrating and seemed like a huge waste of time, it did provide an opportunity to connect with my coworker (when you travel together for 10 hours straight, you cover a lot of ground). I might never have had that chance to learn more about her and really see her heart. Such a great reminder that everyone has their own story---their own "stuff". And, no matter what age we are, we all have insecurities and need encouragement.
It was nice to come back early, though, because this week was busy with the start of preschool, therapy and appointments! So, even though the warmer weather is a bit disturbing (it is February in Ohio, right?), it offered a chance to slow down--and enjoy the fresh air!
Owen's first day of preschool went really well. He seemed so grown up with his backpack. He was a little uneasy about going, so we decided to make a special trip to get a donut on the way. By the time we arrived, he was ready to go!
It is always a little bittersweet to see them growing up. I don't want to hold them back...I'm just not ready to let them go.
Nora also started her therapy this morning. We are focusing on gross motor skills and exercises to help with sensory issues. It feels great to be moving forward and learning how to help her better.
For as crazy as things have been the last few weeks, it is really neat to see God's hand in figuring it all out. It has really forced me to take things day-by-day: to be content whatever the circumstances. And, when I am able to do that, I see that we really do have what we need and things really do work out how they should.
Owen's first day of preschool went really well. He seemed so grown up with his backpack. He was a little uneasy about going, so we decided to make a special trip to get a donut on the way. By the time we arrived, he was ready to go!
It is always a little bittersweet to see them growing up. I don't want to hold them back...I'm just not ready to let them go.
Nora also started her therapy this morning. We are focusing on gross motor skills and exercises to help with sensory issues. It feels great to be moving forward and learning how to help her better.
For as crazy as things have been the last few weeks, it is really neat to see God's hand in figuring it all out. It has really forced me to take things day-by-day: to be content whatever the circumstances. And, when I am able to do that, I see that we really do have what we need and things really do work out how they should.










Your kids are just beautiful. I love the pic of Owen smiling while you are kissing him. They do grow up so quickly, but you have such a good perspective on life. I am anxious to hear Nora's progress once she has had a few weeks of therapy! What sweet special kids you guys have! <3
ReplyDeleteEach little phase, step, stage is full of so many memories. So when they zip by,quicker than you expect or want, you have such great hooks to keep alive those moments. Letting go has to be the hardest part of being a mom.I have learned that those little bundles of joy turn into beig bundles of joy that will never leave you. Thanks for sharing Nora and Owen with us. I cannot say how much I treasure new moments with them both. I love you all. Mom
ReplyDelete