Monday, April 23, 2012

Exhale

This weekend was full of all of the right things: family, naps, good food, quality time. It was the perfect combination of memorable and relaxing.  The kind of weekend that starts the week off on the right foot.  Aunt Becky came to visit Thursday night just in time for the neighborhood girls' night.  We recovered on Friday with a quiet movie night. I know she really came to see the kids, but it was nice to spend that time together, too.

Daddy came home on Saturday. We planned a steak dinner and had cookies in the oven as we waited with excited anticipation!
We were all a little giddy when he finally arrived. There is something about time apart that makes the time together count that much more. I have known this man for over 17 years, but suddenly our love felt so....young again. 


It was like slowly exhaling a breath I didn't know I had been holding. Everything buzzed with a wired peacefulness and contentment. Even the shift in weather--the chilly air and gray skies paired perfectly with the need to relax and just enjoy each other.
We got out long enough for a trip to Franklin Park Conservatory to see their Butterfly and Blooms exhibit.

They had some activities for the kids, like making recycled bugs:



and Owen even got to hold one of the butterflies:


It was such a perfect ending to a great weekend and a chance to notice the beauty in the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!