Friday, February 11, 2011

The Little Things

It is the little things I am thankful for today...
being able to sleep most of the night without a headache and without any medicine...finding Owen happily reading a book to himself in his bed this morning...feeling the baby moving around (even if there is almost no room and it isn't very comfortable!)...getting to meet the new baby in 4 short weeks from today...the beautiful sunshine and blue skies on this frigid morning...quiet morning to work (and blog)...
Mark and I have been laughing lately about the little things that keep Owen excited.  Like giving Oscar a treat after he goes to the bathroom. Owen checks with Mark to make sure he went and then RUNS to the pantry, gets the box down on the floor, takes out a bone, gives it to Oscar and puts the box back.  Or when he helps me with laundry and thanks me as I hand him something to put in the dryer... "Thank you Mommy", he says.  He is such a good little helper.

He is at that age where he wants to do everything himself, but isn't quite able yet...
..like when he put on his coat all.by.himself.  He was so proud.

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post. Thank you for being thankful and sharing it. So much negativity swarming around these days with cold weather and snow, it is a breath of fresh air to hear someone be thankful and just enjoying life. Also, Owen is one of the sweetest boys I've ever known. I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys remind me a lot of each other. Chris and I are always laughing at the little things Griffin does - he loves to put on his own hat and lately wants to put on his pants - most often putting both legs in together. He loves to get his "sockies" off. He loves to help and tease, like his older cousin. Enjoy the simplicity and then the whole new adventure of getting to know a new little one. You can't even summarize the joy these boys bring to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is when Louisa sits down to dinner and tells me, "Yum, Mommy. Thanks for making dinner."

    We have great children and the blessing of having them is that they FORCE you to slow down and enjoy the little things, which is hard to do when you are multi tasking and worrying about the next thing to cross of the agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! I am thankful for my dear friend who reminds me to keep my priorities in line and to find so much joy in the little things every day. Give that sweet boy a kiss for me and let that new one know there are so many people who love him/her already and can't wait for the big day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy the music that you added to the blog. I love watching my grandchildren grow into such wonderful, spirited and gentle young people. It is wonderful that you share your feelings about parenthood. You all have it right, time is a gift and we so often waste it on things that tomorrow will mean nothing. Time with your children and family is the most important thing. I loved watching you all grow.Each stage is so fleeting so soak it up. I cannot tell you enough how much my time with you all is treasured. My grandchildren are my greatest joy and such a gift. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!