"Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Maybe it's the heat...or the sunny afternoons that fall into bedtime...or the impromptu cookouts and beers on the patio. Whatever it is, I am loving the change of pace that summertime brings. After what seems like a crazy, busy month, we took a break today--went to a nearby pool and just enjoyed.the.moment.
Time seemed to stand still for a bit, while we disconnected from all the noise and reconnected with each other. The happy shrieks and playful splashes were like background music to this happy scene:
We went to the same pool last year, but Owen seemed so grown up today. He went head first down a covered slide into the water...and came up laughing. At the end of the day he said, "I had fun. I had so, so much fun".
Mission accomplished.
On the way home, Owen asked us about Jesus. He saw a church and a cross, so naturally his next question was "when we die, do we go in a tomb, like Jesus?" and then "how will we know how to get to heaven?" and "will you be there, too...and daddy...and nora...and oscar?" and then "will they be able to get Dora?" Oh, the logic of a three-year old!





How awesome. I see these pictures on a gallery wall in your house somewhere. You two are doing an awesome job with those kiddos. What great questions that Owen has. I would've loved to have been in the car for that conversation. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHow did you answer the Dora question? That is what I want to know. :) You are so blessed to have two wonderful kids. They (and you both) look soooo happy in these pictures.
ReplyDeleteI let Mark field that one. We determined that everything/everyone you love is in heaven, so Dora's probably there, too!
Delete