After Mark's bike ride, we headed up to Ashland to visit the Strine family. We have missed our trips to the zoo, play dates and great conversations since they moved up north. Owen was telling anyone who would listen that we were going up to see Ella---several days in advance.

We didn't skip a beat! The kids picked right up and Kate and I were finally able to enjoy a Mark-a-rita together since neither of us were pregnant or nursing.

It was so nice to just enjoy our time together, with no major plans.
The weather was so beautiful in the morning, so we decided to head over to The Blueberry Patch for their final weekend of picking. It brought back memories of time with my Grandma Rose and my favorite childhood book, Blueberries for Sal.
The kids loved it, although I am sure more of the blueberries made it to their bellies instead of the buckets.
When we were leaving, Owen said "I had so much fun. I've never been here before. It was fabulous".
Thanks for having us, Strines! We always joke that it feels like we've known each other for so much longer, but it is just a sign of great friends. We love you guys!
























I love days where we create time for spontaneous fun to occur - especially when the weather is nice. It is so relaxing and easy to stay in the moment when you just let go of the schedule for a day. Glad you got to spend time with your friends! :)
ReplyDelete