Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Very Quiet Cricket

One of the highlights of our time with Owen each day is story time.  We have to put his "Cara blanket" on the floor and he picks a few books for us to read together.  Mark and Owen went to the library the other day to get new books and "The Very Quiet Cricket" by Eric Carle was an instant favorite.  The book is about a baby cricket who can't talk to the insects he meets throughout the day.  In the end, he meets another quiet cricket who hears his "voice".  As Owen will tell you below, "he rubs his wings together, but nothing happens...not a sound."

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. This made my day. He is such a sweet boy. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is adorable. He is so sad for the cricket! Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - I miss story time on the Cara blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am feeling a little down today and just watched it again to make me smile. I hope we will see more videos of Owen reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my very bright and wonderful grandson. You bring such joy to me. I smile when I watch this video. Reading is so much fun, that is so great that you love to read. I love you. Love Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reading to me again. I love you, Owen. Cannot wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!