Learning the lesson of positive thinking was promptly put to the test this week. The tug of war between work and kids was leaving me without much to feel good about. By yesterday afternoon, I was unraveling and feeling like a failure of epic proportions.
Thankfully, an impromptu girl's dinner last night, with some favorite friends I haven't seen for awhile, was perfect timing. Despite not getting much sleep (yes, we closed the restaurant down) and having the kids home with me for a third straight day, I feel like a different person today. The sangria, delicious food, awesome company and conversation was just what I needed.
So, today, I am choosing not to stress about whatever work doesn't get done immediately. I will get to it soon enough, and in the meantime, these are precious moments not to be missed. So, what sounded good on a cold, rainy morning?
Owen had a blast helping me cut the shapes and decorating (ok DUMPING sprinkles on the baking sheet).
We shared lots of giggles and were both a sugary, floury mess by the end.
This face says it all.
Now, back to work!





He looks sooo much like Mark in that little picture on the right. Looks like a fun day--cookies make everything better. :)
ReplyDeleteSo much fun! We love to bake at our house too! And by the way...sangria sounds so good right about now...guess I have a long wait before I get a sip :) It's all worth it!
ReplyDelete