Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

This weekend was a whirlwind trip back to Pittsburgh.  We had a great visit with wonderful friends, who we don't get to see as often as I would like.  It was fun to get the kids together...and then fun getting them to bed so would all catch up and share old stories and lots of laughs over several bottles of wine!

It felt like the middle of the night when the alarm went off early Sunday morning, with the cool air and dark skies. Despite the lack of sleep, I was excited to meet up with Sarah for the 2011 Great Race.  My mom, Mark and the kids came down to cheer us on.  Even though it was not a good run for me personally, it was wonderful to spend that time with my sister.

Afterwards, we headed to Jessica's for a delicious brunch and quick visit.  Owen got to play with his cousins before we had to get back on the road.


I love that feeling of complete exhaustion after such a great weekend...when you get the gift of quality time with people you love and your heart just feels full.



1 comment:

  1. Even though the visit was short, I am glad we had the time to chat before the race and that Griffin got to spend time with his cousins, who he adores. The picture of the three of them above warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts!