Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apples Everywhere

I keep thinking of new reasons why I love Fall: add to the list the seasonal obsession with everything pumpkin and apple.

This weekend we enjoyed relaxing family time, beautiful Fall weather and lots and lots of apples.  We took the kids to a local apple orchard and came home with a huge bag.


I don't think we realized that a fun family outing would turn into such a commitment!  Since then, I have been obsessively collecting apple recipes so we can put them to good use: apple chicken dinner, homemade apple oatmeal, and of course, homemade apple pie with butter crust (an anniversary treat).
Owen just said "mommy, this is the best apple pie ever".  Clever kid knows how to get seconds from this sucker-mom!

I even attempted homemade apple butter, since Mark loves it so much.  I never knew how many different recipes were out there!  Our recipe called for unpeeled apples, so it turned out more like an applesauce-butter, but it is still really tasty.

Now comes the canning process...while trying to work from home...and did I mention both kids are home with me today?  Just writing out that sentence made my heart race a bit.  Bring on the pumpkin spice coffee.

Up next is apple crisp and apple chips...we may never eat apples again after this week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts!