I often say that one of the best parts of my job is the people I work with. Our design team have become more than colleagues...they are people I consider mentors and friends. They impart their experience in the workforce and in raising their own families in an open and empowering way. We always end up talking about more than just the project at hand and get into great discussions about politics, family and life. So, when today's lunch meeting was about to get cancelled for probably the fifth time, I was especially grateful that Mark volunteered to work from home so that I could still go.
When you haven't seen someone in a really long time, the conversation can weave through some pretty random topics to get all caught up! Somehow our discussion today led to our musical backgrounds....and the battle that women wage against guilt every day for whatever it is they aren't doing.
For me, sometimes the big picture ideas become daunting and can overshadow smaller steps on an alternate route towards the same desire. I realized today that I don't need a gig with the Columbus Symphony to make music.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to share your thoughts!