Oh, precious girl--you are growing so fast. It is hard to believe that you are almost 8 months old already! Your first tooth has finally made an appearance and is poking through your bottom gums. You are working on waving and seem enthralled with your hands as you try. And, we're having fun blowing raspberries at each other. You are trying sounds like "dadda" and "momma", though it will be longer until you mean to say them. But, I'll take it.
Days like today I forget the usual worries of inadequacy; that I am floating among various roles and never focused long enough on any of them. I give myself a break and believe that I am right where I am supposed to be. That having you and Owen home with me today is a blessing and work can wait. That pretty soon I am going to long for your gummy kisses and squeals...and the way your face lights up when you see me.
When I became a mom, I learned to slow.down, love better and appreciate the little things more. When I had you, I learned to trust my instincts, forgive myself and cherish.every.stage.
One of the best parts of the day is first thing in the morning. Owen carefully opens your door and tip-toes over to your crib saying "hi sweetie, it's time to get up" in the most loving little voice. It brings tears to my eyes to think about what an incredible older brother you have, and how much joy you both bring to our lives.

And this well-written blog brought tears to my eyes! How very sweet and precious both your children are...I am glad you get to enjoy all these special moments. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw Nora's picture I thought of you as a baby. At least for this moment she is your little mini-me. I loved spending time with her and getting to know her a bit better and having her become more comfortable with me. Owen would come over to her when we were there and say "it's okay Nora, it is Nonna, I love her". When I read your message I cried just a little recalling all of those same feelings that I had as a mom with you. You were my little mini me, my little blessing and ray of sunshine. You were all so precious and I loved just seeing life through your eyes. Now I get to relive those memories with all of my wonderful and very precious grandbabies. I thank you all for that. I love you. Love, mom
ReplyDeleteWhat a picture that captures her personality! So cute!
ReplyDelete